School Improvement Planning
Key Priorities for Pupil Performance. You can view the full School Improvement Plan here
Early Years Foundations Stage:
- To ensure that the percentage of EYFS pupils achieving GLD is in line with or above the national average
- To increase the percentage of pupils achieving ELG in Writing (79.3%) to align with achievements in Reading (89.7%)
- To increase the percentage of pupils exceeding ELG in Maths to close to or above the national percentage.
Key Stage One:
- To ensure that the percentage of pupils achieving at or above ARE in reading, writing and maths by the end of KS1 is in line with or above the national average.
- To increase the percentage of pupils achieving ARE and ARE+ in writing to align with achievement in Maths and Reading
Key Stage Two:
- To ensure that the percentage of pupils achieving at or above ARE in writing and maths by the end of KS2 continues to be above the national average.
- To secure greater progress in reading to ensure that the percentage of pupils achieving at or above ARE is above 80%.
- To secure better than expected progress for Y4 and Y5 pupils to enable an increased percentage of them to achieve ARE or above by the end of the academic year.
- To close the achievement gap between disadvantaged pupils and all other pupils with similar starting points thus securing good progress for all.
Leadership and Management:
- Further develop the curriculum to ensure children acquire knowledge, understanding and skills consistently and progressively in all aspects of their educationKey Objectives
- Ensure that Governors have access to the information they need to provide both support and challenge to leaders – particularly in terms of accurate assessment information and progress and support for disadvantaged pupils.
Quality of Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- Ensure that all teaching is consistently good or better in all areas of the curriculum across the school.
- Ensure teachers make highly effective use of lesson time, including strong assessment and feedback, to ensure that the majority of pupils falling behind are enabled to catch up.
Outcomes for Pupils:
- Ensure that the percentage of children reaching the expected standard in reading is above 80%
- Ensure that the attainment and progress of disadvantaged pupils is close to that of other pupils with similar starting points
- Secure good progress for all SEND pupils from their varied starting points
- Secure better than expected progress for Y4 and Y5 pupils to enable an increased percentage of them to achieve ARE or above by the and of the academic year
Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare:
- Implement an effective and consistent whole school approach to securing emotional and mental well-being for all.
- Improve pupils’ attitudes to learning ensuring that they make good progress and become confident and self-assured learners.
- Achieve attendance target of 97% and reduce the percentage of pupils who are persistently absent.
Effectiveness of Early Years Provision:
- To ensure that the introduction of elements of SFA into daily practice is effective – leading to high quality teaching and learning.
- To ensure percentage of pupils achieving ELG in writing at end of Reception is equal to or higher than national average
- To increase the proportion of EYFS pupils exceeding ELG in Maths at the end of Reception